Welcome - If this works out, then this will be a blog of positive thoughts, fun and inspiration. I welcome your input and invite you to share things you find inspirational. However I reserve the right to post only things that fall within the intent of the this blog.

May your day be filled with love, laughter and happiness.

If you would like to share something here then please email me at thehalffullglass (
at) amnet (dot) net (dot) au



Sunday, September 21, 2014

Perspective ... It's all about how you look at it (Part 2)



The last post I did before this blog fell into oblivion for a couple of years spoke of Perspective, it was the blog post that got the most visits (although not the most comments) out of all the posts I have written here at The Half Full Glass. (Feel free to visit the original post using the link)

What I wrote then still holds true to me today.  Many of you may know I had a total knee replacement back in December 2013, just before Christmas.  What you may not know is the depths of despair that I dropped to, especially in the first six months post surgery. I still struggle even now as the knee has not responded as well as I would have hoped.

During those dark nights, and there were many of them, when pain was my constant companion and all I wanted to do was to chop my leg off, I had to work really hard at not dropping so low that I lost all hope.

I use perspective to do just that.

Back then (and sometimes even now) I have a leg with pain, constant pain, but at least I have a leg, there are many that don't who still have the pain even with their leg amputated. (I can say the night pain is now mostly gone)

I may have to continue to walk with a walking stick, even all these months later, but at least I can walk and I am not confined to a wheelchair.

I may still be sleeping in the spare bedroom as I continue to have periods of insomnia even though I am now off all my pain killers, except for the occasional panadol, but I have the luxury of a spare bed when there are people on the streets who call a cardboard box home.

I also have a hubby who loves me enough to not be offended that I am not sharing the marital bed on a permanent basis.  There are many who do not have a supportive spouse, or a partner or are alone.

I know just how hard it is sometime to keep things in perspective, but I encourage you to try.

Thanks for popping by xxxx (oh and the photo is my jasmine springing into life)




4 comments:

  1. Hugs. I do love your attitude - and admire your wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks EC, I've always tried to see the glass as half full, although earlier this year it was a daily struggle. Thanks for popping on by xxx

      Delete
  2. The jasmine is really spectacular this year and hope it doesn't upset your hay fever too much.
    I read through this post quite seriously and I can sympathise and empathise with much of what you say. I've often said to you "I feel low, I have pain, I wish I could do more but there are always thousands, perhaps millions, much worse off than I am". We have to keep that perspective in our lives so we can continue on hoping things will improve, if not greatly but at least a little in the future for us. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cope with the Jasmine as it is not too close to the house. I know you and I are in a similar boat and both of us try and keep our perspective. Hugs xxx

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails